- Версия Unreal Engine
Forum and Tutorials: Here
Trello Page: Here
rdLODtools is a UE4 plugin that resides in the Static Mesh Editor. It allows you to easily create Billboard and Planar LODs from 2 to 32 polygons. Billboard LODs can have up to 64 frames in a FlipBook giving a full, 360 degree view (or a range) of the mesh in just 2 or 4 triangles.
Running rdLODtools over your meshes can speed up rendering by huge factors. These LODs can fill out your city buildings, Power/Light Poles, trees and foliage while also reducing your framerates.
Mesh Types that rdLODtools is most useful for are things such as:
- Sky Scrapers and tall buildings
- Powerline Poles
- Traffic Lights
- Traffic Signs
Please note that often you will need to manually adjust the colors of your mesh - this is made easy by incorporating adjustment values in the LODs material instances.
- Create 2/4 triangle, multi-angle Billboard LODs
- Create 2-32 poly planar LODs
- Complete color customization
- Speed up your Scenes by huge amounts
- Easily remove any or all but 1 LOD