Main references to create Anime Toon Shading was “Gravity Rush” and “Dragon Ball FighterZ” so if you want to achieve this kind of feeling with dynamic cartoon lighting in your game, then this package will be a perfect starter for you.
Anime Toon Shading is post-process independent approach to cartoon style effect, which means it uses geometry based shading model that allows customizing every character on the scene to specific lighting conditions and works perfectly in the forward rendering mode.
- Advanced material configuration instanced per object specular/shading/outline
- Dynamic directional light and multiple dynamic point lights that can affect actors
- Material function, which can be used as an unlit/lit material
- Tested on meshes from paragon (great for stylizing assets)
- Geometry based shading. No need to use post-process uses
- Very fast and GPU friendly, forward rendering mode works in VR and mobile.
- Interface for an easily combined dynamic toon lighting system with any actor
- Outline shell mesh (additional mesh rendered from inside)
- Multiple parameters designed with thinking of customizing shading on characters
- Anisotropic specular (hairs) , matcaps support (Eyes, Metal)
- Translucent materials (alpha and masked)
- Gradient texture creator
- Two-dimensional gradient fresnel/shadow
- Easy to integrate with external post-process.
Number of Master Materials: 4 (Lit, Unlit, Shell, Icon)
Number of Material Instances: 15 Examples
Number of Textures: 5 (2-16x256, 1-16x128, 5-256x256)
Number of Blueprints: 7, 1 interface
Intended Platform: Windows
Documentation Included: Yes
Supported Development Platforms: All
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows
The Paragon character in the Product Gallery is not included in the pack. All content in the Demo folder are for Demonstrational purposes only.